Friday, 14 October, 2011
Google Plus: Understanding Circles
People tend to be confused about circles on G+.
The concept is really pretty simple:
- A G+ user can have any number of circles.
- When you put people in a circle, their public posts appear in your stream.
- You can also use circles to filter your stream. For example, view only the posts made by people in a specific circle.
- User can choose to make a non-public post that's visible only to people in specific circles.
- You can add as many people as you like to your circles, and remove them when they get annoying. In other words, what you see on G+ is completely up to you.
That's it. To keep it simple, you can easily get by with only one circle.