Monday, 11 September, 2006

World’s Most Expensive Banjo

I think this is a world's record: Idex to Acquire Banjo for $183M in Cash.

The Banjo transaction is expected to close in October, subject to regulatory approval.

You need regulatory approval to buy a banjo?

Permalink | Posted in Banjo |
  1. By Nonchalant Savant. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @08:33am:
    Mostly in Alabama for orthopedic reasons...
  2. By Indigo Kid. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @08:46am:
    Yellow Journalism! Banjo Corp is a corporation!

Oh, yes, of course everyone knows that...

ahemmm...
  3. By L.. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @09:04am:
    Of course you need permission. Only people with true taste and discernment are allowed to buy banjos. You wouldn't want riff raff playing the banjo now would you?
  4. By another larry. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @09:31am:
    what no strings?
  5. By cms. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @10:59am:
    JWalk If you wanted to to spend $183M on a banjo, wouldn't you need to get regulatory approval from P.A.M.N. (Permanent Acquisition of Musical Novelties)?
  6. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @10:59am:
    A guy goes in for hand surgery and asks the doctor if, after surgery, he would be able to play the banjo. The doc replies, "I'm doing surgery on your hand, not giving you a lobotomy."
  7. By ~Q~. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @11:40am:
    Finally, a useful banjo.
  8. By Sheldon. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @12:29pm:
    Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah, strumming on a $183M banjo.
  9. By south. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @12:49pm:
    You want me to pick one up for you?
  10. By Kaleberg. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @01:17pm:
    "You need regulatory approval to buy a banjo?"

It's that new RIAA DRM!
  11. By Fergus. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @02:03pm:
    I hope the employees aren't fretting about this decision. The implications of this are going to resonate throughout the company. I hope the new management team can bridge some of the cash flow problems between inventory and sales. I heard that the buyer is pulling a lot of strings to get regulatory approval in a hurry.

I could go on, but I'll spare you.
  12. By Miss Cellania. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @02:37pm:
    I should HOPE you would need regulatory approval to buy a banjo! You wouldn't want those things to fall into the wrong hands, would you?
  13. By andy. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @03:32pm:
    A guy goes in for hand surgery and asks the doctor if, after surgery, he would be able to play the banjo. The doc replies, "Sure". Patient replies.. "Cool - because I have never played the instrument in my life"
  14. By boswell. Comment posted 11-Sep-2006 @03:58pm:
    You need regulatory approval to buy a banjo?

Why do you hate America so much?
  15. By pete. Comment posted 12-Sep-2006 @06:57am:
    and a license to play it...
  16. By Poophead. Comment posted 12-Sep-2006 @07:05am:
    $183 mil, huh? Somebody's going to be playing some sweet music...