Monday, 01 June, 2009

Whatever Songs

Songs I have with whatever in the title:

1. Down For Whatever - Ice Cube
  10. Whatever It Was - Greg Brown
  11. Whatever We Had, We Had - Barry White
  12. Whatever You Do! Don't! - Shania Twain
  13. Whatever's For Us, For Us - Joan Armatrading

Permalink | Posted in Music Lists |
  1. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @05:35pm:
    1. The Jimbob Show Sails Miserably In Episode 3 Or 4 Or Whatever This Is - Jimbob (Jim Kloss)
    2. Whatever Happened - Lazarus
    3. Whatever It Was - Greg Brown

... and since I don't know if the email got through, I'll try informing you here as well.

David Bromberg @ The Rialto, June 6th - http://www.rialtotheatre.com/events.php

Please note that you are receiving sufficiently more than the 3½ hours notice that you whined about last time. This is a courtesy notice; I am not interested in being reinstated.
  2. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @05:42pm:
    ... also (in case you don't look at the Rialto calendar):

June 12th - Keb' Mo'
    June 17th - Bela Fleck & Toumani Diabate

There are some others listed there that you might be interested in, as well ...
  3. By Gar. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:02pm:
    Whatever You Want - Status Quo
    Whatever's For Us, For Us - Joan Armatrading
    Whatever's Left - Snow Patrol
  4. By Norm. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:16pm:
    Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott - Statler Brothers
  5. By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:19pm:
    We have a tie tonight, ladies and gentlemen: 13-13.

I should probably clarify my own personal rules. I, personally, only list a song once by a particular artist. For example, if I have a song by, say, John Lennon -- plus another live recording of the same song, I would list it only one time. But that's me. I've always been honest, fair, balanced, righteous, and a damned good sport.

At some point, we'll need some official rules -- and probably an advisory committee and panel of judges to determine the outcome of these contested matches.
  6. By Gar. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:42pm:
    fair, balanced, yeah, about as fair and balanced as that other place that makes the claim. I recall asking this very question early in this music list process. Tried to do a search to get the exact response, couldn't go back that far but the answer was that a song by the same artist is acceptable as long as it's a different recording. In the case of the Lennon songs above, all different recordings. Obviously, with these ever changing rules that by strange coincidence always seem to favor one particular person, an official rule book is needed.
  7. By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:53pm:
    We need someone who's qualified in the practice of law to write that official rule book. Experience in tax law is preferred. Perhaps someone with an amphibian-like online presence. A sense of humor would help. Preferably, someone from Pennsylvania -- maybe even Pittsburgh. Even better if he has a good-looking wife that he doesn't deserve.

There must be someone who meets those criteria. I'm drawing a blank right now.
  8. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:11pm:
    None. Whatever.
  9. By Banjo Brad. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:42pm:
    I'm not even gonna bother checking - I know I wouldn't have any.
  10. By Rachael. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @01:20am: