Monday, 06 April, 2009

Tenori-On Redux

I posted about this back in 2007. Here it is again. I think this would be the best possible way to occupy yourself on a long plane trip. It costs $999.

Click HQ to hear it in stereo.

Here's the Tenori-On site, which has lots of MP3 downloads, manuals, etc.

Permalink | Posted in Tenori-On |
  1. By Sue Dunham. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @03:24pm:
    Would you want to sit beside someone doing this for 6 hours?
  2. By Curtis. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @03:30pm:
    I would really like to get my hands on this thing, but I don't know if it's worth five times as much as my Kaossillator. Here's a good place to check on such gear.

I got to play a Kurzweil synth the other (where all this touch tech really got started) and it was freaking amazing and I had no idea it even existed. I only knew about Kurzweil reading systems and then my old band mate, Joe, showed me the Touch Synth in his studio.
  3. By Curtis. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @03:32pm:
    That link didn't work for Music Radar, but the site has reviews of both the Tenori-On and the Kaossillator.
  4. By J-Walk. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @03:39pm:
    Here's a limited-feature free version:

5. By Curtis. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @03:45pm:
    Hmmm... that site tells me I need "the latest flash player" to use it.
  6. By choicweb. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @04:49pm:
    Reminds me of the Lite Brite from the 80's, minus all the colored pegs that get lots within the first few weeks of owning it.
  7. By Jon. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @05:40pm:
    I like to pretend that kind of music doesn't exist.
  8. By NoAlias. Comment posted 06-Apr-2009 @06:29pm:
    choicweb-

The LiteBrite pegs don't get lost. Mothers everywhere suck them up in the vacuum cleaner.
  9. By Greg. Comment posted 07-Apr-2009 @06:51am:
    Bizarre timing John. Watched an interview with Little Boots last night and she plays one of these things. She is apparently a new star on the horizon.

10. By Redwood. Comment posted 07-Apr-2009 @09:10am:
    Someday I'm going to shovel enough crap off my bench to finally build that Theramin I've been threatening to for years. Then me and that Tenori dude can have a competition to see which of us is even more annoying than banjo players.