Monday, 01 June, 2009
RIP: Giant Pig Really Liked His Beef
In Australia: Giant feral pig shot on Pilbara cattle station.
THIS giant feral pig was shot on a Pilbara cattle station after it was spotted eating a dead cow.
The picture has been circulating on the internet alongside claims the boar was killed at various locations across Australia.
It was written off as a hoax by many, including WA's Department of Environment and Conservation, and sparked much debate when published on website PerthNow.
But The Sunday Times has confirmed that the pig was shot on a Pilbara cattle station near Newman, 1200km northeast of Perth.
Sources close to the family of the man in the photo have confirmed he is Pilbara pastoralist John Anick and the picture was taken on his property three years ago.
Three years ago! I can't believe I'm blogging about a 3-year old event. Too late to stop it. I've already invested 90 seconds on this story, and I'm not gonna kill it now.
- By Tim. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @06:59pm:
- By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:00pm:
- By Mr.E. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:16pm:
- By kashmarek. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:51pm:
- By Brent. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @08:18pm:
- By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @08:32pm:
- By Gee.... Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @08:42pm:
- By Redwood. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @07:27am:
- By 12-stringer. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @11:01am:
- By bundukundu. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @04:00pm: