Monday, 31 October, 2005

Religion Quiz

A short quiz that supposedly tells you What religion do you fit in with?

My results:

You fit in with: Atheism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Atheist. You have very little faith and you are very focused on intellectual endeavors. You value objective proof over intuition or subjective thoughts. You enjoy talking about ideas and tend to have a lot of in depth conversations with people.

100% scientific.
80% reason-oriented.

You can get a pretty good idea of the validity of this quiz by looking at the other quizzes available at this site.

Permalink | Posted in Interactive |
  1. By Marilyn. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:11am:
    I'm a Buddhist?

There was no question asking if you believed in a higher power or if God created the universe. I would think that would be a very categorizing question.
  2. By Kim. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:12am:
    The "When will you become a millionare" quiz takes less time and is more fun.
  3. By Beans. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:20am:
    Spiritualism

Your ideals are mostly spiritual, but in an individualistic way. While spirituality is very important in your life, organized religion itself may not be for you. It is best for you to seek these things on your own terms.

40% spiritual.
    60% reason-oriented.

I can live with it.
  4. By wok. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:27am:
    Keeps saying I'm a Buddhist, too.
  5. By Righteously Indignant. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:30am:
    Spiritualism

40% spiritual.
    80% reason-oriented.
  6. By Poophead. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:31am:
    Your ideals mostly resemble those of the Taoist faith. Spirituality is the most important thing in your life. You strive to live by all of your ideals, and live a very intellectually focused life.

40% spiritual.
    20% reason-oriented.

Huh...A Taoist Methodist...Never heard of such...My numbers sure aren't very high, either...Is that supposed to be an insult, or just explain why I like motorcycles and guitars?...
  7. By JHENDERSON. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:32am:
    You fit in with:
    Agnosticism

Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Agnostic. You are fairly ambivalent towards any religion or spiritual connection. You lead a very busy life and find that religion and spirituality are unnecessary to your life.

70% scientific.
    40% reason-oriented.
  8. By Danny Kaye. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:58am:
    I can't even answer the first question because it doesn't give me the option for a combination of "A" and "B". Obviously they don't like me and did not me to participate in this quiz. Sad...really sad.
  9. By greenboy. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @10:15am:
    You fit in with:
    Humanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a Humanist. Although you do not have a lot of faith, you are devoted to making this world better, in the short time that you have to live. Humanists do not generally believe in an afterlife, and therefore, are committed to making the world a better place for themselves and future generations.

20% scientific.
    100% reason-oriented.
  10. By Zoe. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @10:22am:
    40% scientific.
    20% reason-oriented

Agnostic, fairly accurate.
  11. By sherry. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @10:55am:
    spiritualism, pretty good, i'll take it.
  12. By Sean. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:05pm:
    The real secret of Buddhism is not enlightenment.

The secret is realizing that you've always been enlightened.

Consciousness = Enlightenment

Oddly enough, this isn't far from Unitarianism, Agnosticism, or Humanism.
  13. By lynnster. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:16pm:
    Spiritualism here too. A 60%/60% split. I'll take it.

Says organized religion probably isn't right for me... oh thank God.
  14. By Danok. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:28pm:

40% spiritual.
    0% reason-oriented.

Based on these "facts" I'd evaluate this quiz as 60% bogus and 40% contrived.

BTW: what religion is "fundamentist"...don't all religion (include j-walk's non-religion or the FSM religion) have their fundamentalists?
  15. By Fred. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:31pm:
    "Taoism

20% spiritual.
    20% reason-oriented."

Suprised me!!!!
  16. By Fred. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:33pm:
    I wonder what my other 60% is??!!!! Me thinks this quiz is bogus.
  17. By will. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @12:47pm:
    To my great surprise I'm a Humanist

0% scientific. 100% reason-oriented

Not too bad for an engineer.
  18. By glenn. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @01:28pm:
    You fit in with:
    Atheism

40% scientific.
    80% reason-oriented.
  19. By Uhclem. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @01:32pm:
    This quiz is so mickey mouse! Try http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html for a more sophisticated religion quiz...that opens up ideas, not reducing them to binary superficiality.
  20. By beegee. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @02:56pm:
    Taoist

100% Spiritual
    20% Reason-oriented

That actually might not be too good for an engineer, but I'd be having an identity crisis if they called me a humanist.
  21. By Pontydragon. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @02:59pm:
    Jeepers, after both, I'm a Buddhist and an Orthodox Jew. Interesting for a Presbyterian boy....
  22. By Dnalkesh. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @03:03pm:
    Results for the quiz that Uhclem linked to.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
    2. Secular Humanism (97%)
    3. Liberal Quakers (89%)
    4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (81%)
    5. Nontheist (75%)
    6. Theravada Buddhism (74%)
    7. Neo-Pagan (66%)
    8. Taoism (60%)
    9. Bahá'í Faith (55%)
    10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (48%)
    11. Mahayana Buddhism (45%)
    12. New Age (45%)
    13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (44%)
    14. Orthodox Quaker (42%)
    15. Reform Judaism (35%)
    16. Sikhism (35%)
    17. Jainism (33%)
    18. Jehovah's Witness (33%)
    19. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (33%)
    20. New Thought (30%)
    21. Scientology (24%)
    22. Hinduism (21%)
    23. Seventh Day Adventist (19%)
    24. Eastern Orthodox (11%)
    25. Islam (11%)
    26. Orthodox Judaism (11%)
    27. Roman Catholic (11%)
  23. By Vanilla Gorilla. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @03:41pm:
    100% Bacontarion
  24. By annietannie. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @06:26pm:
    You know, I laugh every time someone makes a reference to bacon, but I don't know how the running joke got started. Anybody?

Man! Some of y'all are 120 percenters. Way to go!
  25. By J-Walk. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @06:31pm:
    I think the bacon thing started with Toad. That's pretty much all he eats, you know. I've met him, and I know.
  26. By Geeza. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @06:37pm:
    Dammit,

Agnostic, how dissapointing!
  27. By Park Ave.. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @08:10pm:
    FSM
  28. By wally the duck. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @08:11pm:
    Agnostic; same as Zoe.
  29. By Righteously Indignant. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:31pm:
    My results for the Belief-O-Matic Uhclem linked to:

1. Theravada Buddhism (100%)
    2. Unitarian Universalism (98%)
    3. Liberal Quakers (93%)
    4. Secular Humanism (93%)
    5. Mahayana Buddhism (84%)

Pretty interesting results. I think I'll go read up on that Theravada Buddhism stuff.
  30. By Curtis. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:39pm:
    Says I'm an atheist, but I don't believe it.
  31. By annietannie. Comment posted 31-Oct-2005 @09:42pm:
    A bacon-eating Toad? It's so bad for you, nitrites and all. Stick to flies!
  32. By ibobunot. Comment posted 01-Nov-2005 @01:48am:
    You fit in with: Atheism

40% scientific.
    80% reason-oriented.
  33. By Snag. Comment posted 01-Nov-2005 @05:53am:
    Humanist, 0% scientific, 40% reason oriented.

This bit of trivia seemed to produce a reasonably accurate profile (compared to several workplace analyses I have endured). The graph tells the story better than the text (eg my 0% scientific represents a balance between scientific and spiritual).

Even sophisticated profiling instruments are readily distorted by the 'victim' adopting a consistent role while answering the questions (eg managers will always answer differently to, say, complaints-desk staff). Imagine you are a prisoner, then answer the questions. Later, adopt the role of a judge hearing a child-molestation case and see how your profile changes.

BTW isn't JWalk qualified in this area?
  34. By aza101. Comment posted 01-Nov-2005 @07:19pm: