Monday, 02 April, 2007
Oh Baby, Me Gotta Go
Happy birthday: Garage-rock anthem "Louie Louie" turns 50.
Turning 50. It's a daunting prospect for anyone (and I should know). But for a pop song? Most fade away long before they reach that mark. One exception: the legendary "Louie Louie" - that eternally youthful 1960s garage-rock anthem first recorded exactly 50 years ago this month. Far from shuffling off to a quiet retirement, evidence indicates that "Louie Louie" may actually prove to be immortal.
It was written by Richard Berry in 1955, and was released in April, 1957. It was recorded by the Kingsmen in 1963.
More about Richard Berry.
(Thanks Annette / Sparky / MakingitupasIgo / Sparkit)
- By Sheldon. Comment posted 02-Apr-2007 @09:51am:
- By Paul. Comment posted 02-Apr-2007 @10:28am:
- By Sparkit. Comment posted 02-Apr-2007 @01:41pm:
- By Imagineer. Comment posted 02-Apr-2007 @01:54pm:
- By Snag. Comment posted 03-Apr-2007 @06:38am:
- By major_danny. Comment posted 03-Apr-2007 @07:23am:
- By Imagineer. Comment posted 03-Apr-2007 @09:07am: