Friday, 01 December, 2006

Of Mosques And Pigs

In Texas: Katy man protests proposed mosque with pig races.

According to KTRK, some people who live along Baker Road in Katy aren't happy with the Katy Islamic Association's plans to build a mosque, school and gym on property near their houses. They say they're worried about drainage and traffic: "It's not an appropriate place to have a mosque or church," resident Barbara Simpson told Channel 13. Some of the neighbors have even offered to buy the land back from the KIA for more than $1 million.

And then there's Craig Baker, who owns land adjacent to the KIA's lot. He's posted a large sign announcing pig races on his property on Friday nights - and if it happens to be true that racing pigs on a Muslim holy day might be a little offensive to the KIA, that's their problem, Baker said. "What does it matter?" he asked KTRK. "I can do whatever I want with my land, right?

Permalink | Posted in Religion |
  1. By Sheldon. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @11:51am:
    The Muslims should have an "Opposable Thumbs" celebration, and hold "running without dragging your knuckles" races on their property, and see how Mr Baker likes that.
    Mr Baker angry: "ooo! ooo! ooo! ooo!"
    Come on Katy! Shut up and evolve!
  2. By Allah, but you can call me Moe. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @03:55pm:
    He should build a Crusader theme park next door and hold the pig races there. Replicas of the World Trade Towers for an entranceway. Barbeque the losers with a turban on the pig's head. Greasy pig smoke will waft over the mosque, but that's always a hazard in Texas where Bar-B-Q is heaven. This is America, land of universal inconsideration for others.
  3. By Dave Kelly. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @05:44pm:
    I use to live right down the road from there. Boy am I glad I moved.
  4. By Bill Taylor. Comment posted 02-Dec-2006 @12:07pm:
    If they don't like pork and they don't like pigs, the muslims can move to a country that supports that behavior. Asking a family to move after they've lived on that land since the 1800's is par for the course for the muslims and I for one am sick of them.

When I see the muslims openly condemning the murder of innocent people, when I see them telling on those among them plotting more terrorism, when I see them try to be part of this country instead of trying to make this country what they left, then and only then will I accept them. Until they do, they can go screw themselves and I'll eat pork and drag my knuckles all over the country.
  5. By Imagineer. Comment posted 02-Dec-2006 @01:23pm:
    Was that Allah or another allah?

This is America, land of universal inconsideration for others.

Thanks for the laugh, rueful as it was.
  6. By Sarah. Comment posted 03-Dec-2006 @06:23am:
    "If they don't like pork and they don't like pigs, the muslims can move to a country that supports that behavior."

Bill, people have a right to NOT like food for ANY reason they choose.

"When I see the muslims openly condemning the murder of innocent people"

Even the Christian Muslims, who make up over 40 percent?

"when I see them try to be part of this country instead of trying to make this country what they left"

First Amendment. Freedom of religion. That includes Islam.

It's hard for Muslims to adjust in America because of idiots like you.
  7. By 25 O'Clock. Comment posted 05-Dec-2006 @01:57am:
    Human Rights embrace Religious Tolerance, Understand ?!

Signor JWalk, you are stirring up those things quite a bit.

Praise the Lord.
  8. By Nat. Comment posted 07-Dec-2006 @04:16pm:
    I just HAD to read this blog once I found out about it from Comcast. net. I live across the country in New Hampshire and I have to tell you,I tend to agree with the residents. I know it doesn't sound fair. But what happened to this country on 9/11 will always be in our lives, and because of that, Muslims will always be frowned upon, because they are a constant reminder of the fanatics that caused this mess we are all in today to begin with.Until they begin to publicly denounce the violence that THEY create(d)here and in their own country.I think we will never be able to completely trust any of them because of the fear they have instilled in us. Not for nothing,Americans are now behaving in a manner Bin Laden (their precious prince)wanted. So in essence they won. They got what they wanted. So they should stop complaining about their treatment. This mess started thousands of years ago based on their religious beliefs, think about that thousands of years)do you think this hate will stop?
  9. By Hola, Shalom, Navaste. Comment posted 08-Dec-2006 @04:23pm:
    "But what happened to this country on 9/11 will always be in our lives, and because of that, Muslims will always be frowned upon, because they are a constant reminder of the fanatics that caused this mess we are all in today to begin with:

uh, what about Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber,David Kuresh, attacks on Planned Parenthood, etc, etc, etc. I'm sure you don't take personal responsibility for what your "brothers and sisters" in this radical religious belief follow, so don't categorize ALL Muslims for the actions of the misguided minority.

Baker's comment: ""What does it matter?" he asked KTRK. "I can do whatever I want with my land, right?

The same goes for the group that owns the the land next door!!
  10. By Nat. Comment posted 11-Dec-2006 @11:19am:
    to: Hola, Shalom, Navaste
    I understand what your saying...right now the topic falls on this mosque and why the neighbors are reacting the way they are. I gave (what I thought to be) a viable explanation to this situation. 9/11 is the reason why the neighbors are doing what they are doing...the offended Muslims can thank 9/11 for why our human nature has been so horrible turned inside out. As for Timothy McViegh and so on...they got their justice… both in the courts of earth...and with God...Now...you tell me...where is the justice for 9/11? More fanaticism...that’s all we will ever see...that’s all that has been seen for thousands of years in the Mid East. As I said before...this hate will NEVER end…because the “fanatical Muslims” won’t allow it to. I never said anything about the entire religious denomination…remember the “fanatical Muslims”.