Friday, 01 December, 2006
Of Mosques And Pigs
According to KTRK, some people who live along Baker Road in Katy aren't happy with the Katy Islamic Association's plans to build a mosque, school and gym on property near their houses. They say they're worried about drainage and traffic: "It's not an appropriate place to have a mosque or church," resident Barbara Simpson told Channel 13. Some of the neighbors have even offered to buy the land back from the KIA for more than $1 million.
And then there's Craig Baker, who owns land adjacent to the KIA's lot. He's posted a large sign announcing pig races on his property on Friday nights - and if it happens to be true that racing pigs on a Muslim holy day might be a little offensive to the KIA, that's their problem, Baker said. "What does it matter?" he asked KTRK. "I can do whatever I want with my land, right?
- By Sheldon. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @11:51am:
- By Allah, but you can call me Moe. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @03:55pm:
- By Dave Kelly. Comment posted 01-Dec-2006 @05:44pm:
- By Bill Taylor. Comment posted 02-Dec-2006 @12:07pm:
- By Imagineer. Comment posted 02-Dec-2006 @01:23pm:
- By Sarah. Comment posted 03-Dec-2006 @06:23am:
- By 25 O'Clock. Comment posted 05-Dec-2006 @01:57am:
- By Nat. Comment posted 07-Dec-2006 @04:16pm:
- By Hola, Shalom, Navaste. Comment posted 08-Dec-2006 @04:23pm:
- By Nat. Comment posted 11-Dec-2006 @11:19am: