Monday, 05 April, 2010

Obama Merchandise

A collection of anti-Obama merchandise during the health care debate.

Just a few examples:

Permalink | Posted in Politics |
  1. By Malachite Andromeda. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @07:03am:
    I wholeheartedly disagree with what they are saying, but will defend their right to say it.
  2. By kashmarek. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @07:57am:
    Is this just stuff that the RNC is putting out or is there more?
  3. By KDAD. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @09:18am:
    If only they would spend all that creative energy on something more meaningful.
  4. By Shel-tone. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @10:21am:
    Why don't they just settle with: "Derpty Derpty Doo."
  5. By rearden. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @10:40am:
    "Barack in the USSA" was kind of funny - John Lennon would probably laugh. Let me hear your balalikas ringing out...
  6. By A.Fan. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @10:46am:
    I don't care much one way or the other, but some of those are hilarious.
  7. By LandStander. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @11:52am:
    If a centrist, pro-business Democrat is a communist, then what do you call a communist?
  8. By Paul. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @11:53am:
    Do people really believe this is communism? If Obamacare is communist, what do these people think of the political systems of 95% of the rest of the world?
  9. By Vanessa D. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @12:20pm:
    Paul, I think that's why people claim that France, Britain, et al. are socialist nations. I completely agree with you, but I think that is the rationale used by 'those people.'

I don't know what these stickers are supposed to accomplish, but they make the right look like a bunch of spoilsports. In November, I'm sure that those on the fringe will vote for these clowns, and hope that there is a place to vote 'for' impeachment of Obama. But these tactics rarely ring true with voters.

Oh well, let the nutjobs have there fun! Sarah Palin is on the verge of over-exposure, Rush (may?!) move to Costa Rica and Glenn Beck is this close to losing his base of religious supporters. Without them, who will lead the crazies?!
  10. By Evil Klown. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @01:36pm:

Communists or not, I just want them to keep their hands out of my pocket.
  11. By Onecos. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @02:42pm:
    Funny... Friday, someone put an Obama/Biden magnet on the tailgate of my F250, right above my "What Would Nixon Do" sticker. It must be a joke. My kids were shocked. I was also approached by a stranger in the supermarket parking lot telling me that I should "reflect a different image" as an Obama supporter... What's that about?
  12. By meg_mac. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @02:53pm:
    I just want them to keep their hands out of my pocket.

Damn city and community. What do they need my money for?
  13. By wally the duck. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @03:02pm:
    I don't particularly want to put my hand in your pocket, either.
  14. By LandStander. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @03:28pm:
    Communists or not, I just want them to keep their hands out of my pocket.

If you wish to opt out, then please leave and don't come back. But taxes are how civilizations work, no exceptions.

Maybe you can find a remote corner of the world where laws cannot reach to make your new home?
  15. By decibelcat. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @04:38pm:

Hopefully, it's a place with no roads, police, fire department, library, military or postal services.
  16. By gdm IV. Comment posted 05-Apr-2010 @06:59pm:
    Communists or not, I just want them to keep their hands out of my pocket.

What if it's for war -- it's OK then, right?
  17. By Snag. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @03:27am:
    Wally # 13 ... ENOUGH already, how do I get the coffee stains off my shirt, now ? (grin)
  18. By scot. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @08:02am:
    I just think it's unfair that I can't be taxed on rainwater to support my city.
  19. By Gerry B. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @08:40am:
    And to think those were all found on the back of Sarah Palins SUV!
  20. By scot. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @09:16am:
    No less looney than the back of your average Arcata, CA van. For every one of these, I'll spot you a Che Gueverra, Tibet, Green, Bush, Nuke, Oil, War, or countless other idiocy.
  21. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @09:32am:
    Yeah, only idiots don't like war.

Have you ever tried it scot? It's a blast.
  22. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @09:36am:
    I just think it's unfair that I can't be taxed on rainwater to support my city.

Better yet, move to Colorado. There, it is illegal for you to collect it, since it is "owned" by the farmers downstream.
  23. By scot. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @10:30am:
    Bisbo, I guess I should clarify. By war I mean stupid things like, "Bush Lied", " No War for Oil", body count stickers that were in vogue when Bush was president but not any more because body counts are no longer are important, "Purge the Surge", "Che Gueverra".

And, yeah. I'm pro-war. There's nothing that makes me happier than knowing people are dying while I am safe and sound in my little home. My car has bumper stickers reading: "Napalm Sticks to Kids", "I'd Rather be Killing Communists in Central America" and "Nuke them 'til they Glow". Like all conservatives, I thrive on war, hate and the stomping of less privileged throats.
  24. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @10:42am:
    Maybe you should clarify a little more. Is War for Oil a good thing, then?
  25. By scot. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @01:06pm:
    Yes. War for oil is a good thing. Every time I find myself paying these low prices for gas and heat and electricity, I know that the War for Oil was and is a good thing. Now that we own all the oil in Iraq, we will soon see prices fall even further. We must take over the entire Middle East for their oil.
  26. By incident8. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @03:07pm:
    All of them are pretty ignorant, but they do have every right to make them. However, the one near the bottom that state "The many faces of socialism" has Hitler as the first face. So how can one be a Fascist and a Socialist??
  27. By Patricio. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @03:12pm:
    So how can one be a Fascist and a Socialist??

The same way that to some, Obama is both Indonesian and Kenyan. You see, if you are of the Teahadist mindset, anything goes.
  28. By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @03:29pm:
    Teahadist

Excellent word, that.

incident8, these crazy people throw words around like confetti and they haven't a clue what they mean: A communist, a fascist, a socialist, a Marxist and a Nazi are all the same thing to them. It's called ignorance by choice; they have no interest in understanding those big words, either.
  29. By Candidus. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @03:33pm:
    ...Teahadist...

(spit-take)

Patricio found a truffle.
  30. By meg_mac. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @04:46pm:

I think that has more to do with speculation in the stock market than any war. More like a war on the exchange. Notice the price going up? Check the price per barrel.
  31. By meg_mac. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @06:28pm:
    259bddy.png
  32. By meg_mac. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @06:29pm:
    My new bumper sticker.
  33. By Danny Kaye. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @06:49pm:
    He's not a Communist. He's a Socialist. There is a tremendous difference.
  34. By Vanessa D. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @07:04pm:
    Megmac, I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!!
  35. By meg_mac. Comment posted 06-Apr-2010 @07:28pm:
    Me too VanessaD... I snagged it from The Daily Kos but now I can't point you too the correct thread. Sorry.
  36. By Danny Kaye. Comment posted 07-Apr-2010 @03:46am:
    Scot - I'm just curious. Was that last comment sarcasm or for real? I ask only because, having just started coming back here, I don't know your line of thinking, yet.
  37. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2010 @08:36am:
    He's not a Communist. He's a Socialist. There is a tremendous difference.

There IS a difference. I think you would be hard pressed to show something he has done as President that would warrant the label "socialist", though. Mandating everyone buy insurance from a corporation is not socialism.
  38. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2010 @08:39am:
    I don't know your line of thinking, yet.

It's a pretty short line. It goes: Oooh, "liberal" post...make predictable sarcastic comment I heard on ______ (fill in the blank with your favorite right wing infotainment source).
  39. By scot. Comment posted 07-Apr-2010 @10:15am:
    Only because liberal posts are so darned easy to satire in their ignorance. And I make up my own remarks. Don't need talking points as you call them. If they're predictable it only goes to say something about the target.
  40. By glenn. Comment posted 11-Apr-2010 @09:13pm:
    You're kind of a moron, aren't you, scot? A predictable moron.