Friday, 12 September, 2008

Moving To Virginia - Day 6 (The End)

The final leg of the journey east to Virginia began this morning at 8:40 EDT. They left Bulls Gap, TN headed for Blue Ridge, VA, where the horses will be set up in their new (temporary) home.

This jaunt is a scant 227 miles. I scoff at this insignificant distance - a pittance at best!

The family reached their final destination at 1:30 p.m. EDT, safe, sound, somewhat sane - but not sorry to see it come to an end. I'm sure you all feel much the same way.

Once the family settles, I hope to have a few photos to post at a later date, a more pictorial blog entry, if you will.

Until then, one last word to all readers of the J-Walk Blog: Thank you for your forbearance in putting up with my posts this past week.

John insisted, and I thought it would be fun for Carisa, Jim, Felicia, Chase, Tequila, Lacy, Vega, Reven-Up, Toby, Jesse and Buss to have their travels chronicled on the trip to Virginia.

From the bottom of my heart - MANY THANKS!

And here's a nice tune about the Blue Ridge Mountains.

1. By Mean Jean. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @01:32pm:
    All's well that ends well.
  2. By Ice Giant 37. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @01:35pm:
    And they all lived happily ever after.
  3. By moregrey. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @01:55pm:
    Pamn-- thanks for sharing the adventure! John-- thanks for encouraging Pamn to share the adventure!
  4. By Banjo Brad. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @03:23pm:
    No, Pamn, Thank you and your family for allowing us to come along on the adventure!
  5. By Tammy. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @03:28pm:
    Thanks for posting, it was fun to follow the travels!
  6. By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @03:35pm:
    I had a great time and thank you for letting us all share the fun. I look forward to some more photos of the family when they get settled in and I'm glad Grandma can rest easy now.
  7. By cathleen. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @04:17pm:
    Pamn, you did a great job. very entertaining, looked forward to reading it everyday. so thanks for posting.
  8. By Kashmarek. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @04:38pm:
    Thanks to the travelers and entourage for allowing us to take part in their journey. It was very interesting and very satisfying.

Indeed, this is one of the reasons I faithfully check the J-Walk blog every day (multiple times). Thank you.
  9. By Bret. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @05:21pm:
    For me the best blog story of the summer. Maybe I need to expand my blogs that I read but I think I'm good.

Thank you so much for sharing. I almost wish it had taken them another week. I know they are glad its over and I am happy they arrived safely.

But I wouldnt be telling the truth if I didn't say I am a little sad it is over.
  10. By Bob C.. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @07:13pm:
    Pamn, thanks for sharing with us. I check J-Walk every night and the story of the journey was one of the most entertaining things ever.

Bob
  11. By Pamn. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @07:16pm:
    You are all very kind. Having been raised by a mother who valued keeping in touch with friends and family by writing notes and letters, this is a very different way of sharing moments in your life. Unique, fun, rewarding. And thank you for making it so.
  12. By Paula. Comment posted 12-Sep-2008 @09:12pm:
    I am so glad you all made it safe and sound. I loved following the trip, the adventures, and the thoughts of a Dairy Queen Banana split. Can't wait to see the pictures.
  13. By Eenie Meenie. Comment posted 13-Sep-2008 @03:50am:
    Safe and sound! What a journey! This was very fun reading. Thank you, Pamn. Glad the kids are alright.
  14. By Dean. Comment posted 13-Sep-2008 @06:43am:
    Thanks for the trip reports. Glad that one and all are there safe and possibly sane. Its a beautiful area. May I recomend the following:
    The Virginia Horse Center in Lexington
    Whites Truck Stop, and the Cyrus McCormic Farm, about 20 minutes north of Lexington
    I don't know about Virginia, but West Virginia has their farm market newsletter on line at http://www.wvagriculture.org/market_bulletin/market_bulletin.html
    And WV farmers list hay for sale
  15. By Peter. Comment posted 13-Sep-2008 @08:58pm:
    Welcome!!!

Just kidding. I don't live there any more. But I spent a good chunk of my life in the Two River Valleys and still consider that a home. Nice place that I'd be happy to return to any day, though kind of difficult to get to from New York.