Tuesday, 17 October, 2006

Moving Big Rocks

Wally Wallington can move anything.

Wally Wallington has demonstrated that he can lift a Stonehenge-sized pillar weighing 22,000 lbs and moved a barn over 300 ft. What makes this so special is that he does it using only himself, gravity, and his incredible ingenuity.

(Thanks Curtis Curtington)

1. By Fred. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @08:49am:
    Absolutely feasible!

I am 60 years old and have been done a lot of construction work in one form or another most of my life. So it is real easy for me to believe the video. Just last summer I demonstrated to a bunch of guys that I could lift a full railroad tie with just one finger. And I held it completely off the ground for 30 seconds or so.
  2. By Kristian. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @08:49am:
    Reminds me of ing. Pavel Pavel and his design of "walking statues" on Easter Island in 1986. I think he needed 16 people and some ropes to carry 20 tons statue long distance. http://www.museumsnett.no/kon-tiki/Research/Papers/walking_statue.html
  3. By Danny Kaye. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @09:30am:
    I think The coral castle is a little more impressive.

Ed (5 feet tall and weighed only 100 pounds) without any outside assistance or large machinery single-handedly built the Coral Castle.

The coral Walls approximately weigh 125 pounds per cubic foot. Each section of wall is 8 feet tall, 4 feet wide, 3 foot thick, and weighs more than 58 tons!

The coral that he worked on was sometimes 4,000 feet thick. Incredibly, he cut and moved huge coral blocks using only hand tools.

And he did it all for the love of his life, Agnes...WHO DUMPED HIM THE DAY BEFORE THEIR WEDDING!!!

ouch...
  4. By JZ. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @11:23am:
    He did not mention how he's going to put the cross beams up on top of the standing ones... that should be interesting.
  5. By another larry. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @11:24am:
    So I'm thinking Wally is some sort of space man or god...
    Wally's next project is building parts of the universe!
  6. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @03:32pm:
    That is nothing short of beautiful. I would call it "Wallyhenge".
  7. By john weeks. Comment posted 17-Oct-2006 @06:46pm:
    I got the dvd a few years ago, the man is nothing if not simple and understated.
    To watch him work is to be amazed at the mind it takes to see what is right in front of us.
    I highly recommend it. for anyone.
  8. By Snag. Comment posted 18-Oct-2006 @02:54am:
    I liked that !
    Modern man, fixated on machinery, has obviously forgotten the power of such techniques.
  9. By Ed K. Comment posted 19-Oct-2006 @05:20am:
    Fred: Lifting a railroad tie with one finger sounds impossible (but fascinating). Care to share your secret with us?

Ed K