Monday, 07 April, 2008

Liberals Are Annoying

Here's a young lady called jeopardyfinalist explaining why Liberals Are Annoying.

And here's Part II. I think it's an audition tape for a job at FOX News.

1. By Sheldon. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:13pm:
    Not too badly done. It did seem to take her awhile to state anything specific, but she eventually got there.

Young lady: I'm pretty sure I understand why you think the way you think. I don't consider myself a liberal, but I'm pretty sure I understand why they think the way they think. Maybe when you've spent some time in the military in Iraq, you'll know a lot more about why people think about certain things. I mean, I assume you are joining the military, right?
  2. By Phillip. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:21pm:
    I got up to the 51-second mark. Can anyone beat that?
  3. By J-Walk. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:22pm:
    She can't go to Iraq. She's grounded for having such a messy room.
  4. By KS. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:29pm:
    She may have something important to say but I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really couldn't wait around to find out what it is.

Anybody that did stick it out - was it mostly name calling or does she have any valid arguments? Are liberals any more annoying than conservatives? Or libertarians? Greens? Independants?
  5. By wormpicker. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:30pm:
    Talk about annoying.
  6. By wormpicker. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @05:33pm:
    Well, she has a music stand, so I'll forgive her.
  7. By Moon. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @06:02pm:
    Phillip, you've got me beat. I couldn't get past about 32 seconds.

Of COURSE, Liberals are annoying. I make it my life's mission to be annoying to conservative twits like this girl.

We should give her a bit of break, though. She's only 14. She still has a chance to have a fully functioning brain. Maybe she'll go to college!
  8. By Joe. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @06:20pm:
    Parrots for either side are annoying
  9. By wormpicker. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @06:53pm:
    I stuck it out through BOTH videos! Of course, I web-surfed while half-listening to them. Sure, she has some valid points. They just happen to be wrong. I'm impressed that she knows who Ronald Reagan and Dwight Eisenhower were.
  10. By jamez. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @07:36pm:
    A couple valid points she destroys as she continues talking bout them. Very naive and heavily brainwashed on republican propaganda.
  11. By LandStander. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @07:40pm:
    I skipped around. War in America if we didn't go to war in Iraq? Now that's a new one to me!
  12. By fancypants. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:03pm:
    I didn't watch it all, but I am going to guess that she is home-schooled.
  13. By decibelcat. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:32pm:
    I think it's an audition tape for a job at FOX News.

I think Fox news is where she gets all of her information from.

P.S. I wasted 2:56 of my life listening to her.
  14. By Victor Ruiz. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:38pm:
    OMG you really, really, really are brainwashed at 14, I can’t imagine what’s going to happen to you when you are ready to drive and vote. Are you sure that killing people in Irak is better than giving a birth people like you? You most have been product of a conception night in the name of God while listening God bless America, or better product of a failed abortion.

I’m so sorry for you now, but there is not chance that you could get better, the damage is done.

I have a daughter that is few months older than you, but at 14 she was doing better in many ways, saving dolphins in Japan by selling cookies and sending the money raised to an environmental group, attending demonstrations for the civil rights of gay people, supporting the fight of having different religion and attending planned parenthood sessions to avoid get pregnant by the enjoyment of loving someone in a safe environment.
  15. By Victor Ruiz. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:39pm:
    More from me...
    Yes my young daughter is white but she is dating an Afro-American boyfriend, because race is not an important issue, and she supports Obama because she is complete sure he will be a great president not because the pigment under his skin.
    She also likes spending time in Myspace and chatting with her straight and gay friends, but she doesn’t spend her precious time posting videos in you-tube just to say … “I don’t care about people like you…” As you do convinced that you are more important than me or someone labeled just because we are pro equal rights, and because we DO CARE about our world with all the animals and diverse race of people, religion, or the right to be different, and decide how or when to have children in a responsible way.
  16. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:43pm:
    Does anybody think she even knows what a liberal is? Parrot is right.
  17. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:46pm:
    Ack! 3 minutes 13 seconds...and then my brain threatened to explode. Notice the Osama/Obama Freudian (Rushian?) slip? It was quickly downhill from there.
  18. By bdn2004. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:47pm:
    Rush Limbaugh is on 3-hours a day pointing out the fallacy of liberalism and is a lot more articulate than this 12 year old.

He pointed out today two articles in the liberal rag, NY Times one by Paul Krugman, liberal god, who wrote about how bio-fuels are backfiring and driving up the cost of food all over the world.

And another story in the same NY Times on how universal health care is straining the hospitals in Mass...

19. By Blayne. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @08:50pm:
    home-schooled

Spot on! fancypants! ... and like, a dirty room is OK ...
  20. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @09:37pm:

Those annoying liberals...never willing to take another look at what they are doing and re-evaluate whether or not it is working....
  21. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @09:56pm:
    "I wish you would pick on somebody your own size."

What size are you, bdn?

Just in case the sarcasm in the above post went right over your head, I'll spell it out for you, annnd, iiiiiii'll taaaaalk reeeeal sloooooow.

A fundamental difference between thinkers and believers is that thinkers look at the facts, and come up with a conclusion. After testing their conclusion, they check to make sure it still agrees with the facts. Then they adjust their conclusions, if necessary. You and Rush gave a couple of handy examples of that. Believers come up with a conclusion first. Then they set about coming up with facts that support it. Or explaining away the facts that don't. It's the same whether it is their religion, their economic theories, or their latest crusade. They repeat things a lot, to convince themselves first, I suppose. It doesn't ever convince the thinkers, though. That must be what is so annoying.
  22. By eviled. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @09:58pm:
    I always have a hard time telling whether people with over-the-top rants like that are really nut jobs because it seem so overacted and unbelievably way-out-there. Perhaps she is really jerking the conservatives around on a lark.
  23. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @10:07pm:
    Perhaps. But I tend to think she is just brainwashed.
  24. By haywood brinker. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @10:14pm:
    Hey JWalk, you should do a video, "bdn is annoying."
  25. By Victor Ruiz. Comment posted 07-Apr-2008 @10:28pm:
    "I wish you would pick on somebody your own size. Does this make you feel better?"

Same question to the ones who are brainwashing young people like this poor kid.
  26. By Onecos. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @12:05am:
    I see she has a music stand...Think she plays the banjo?
  27. By Mary. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @12:47am:
    I couldn't make it even a full minute, but crashing into my brain came something vaguely familiar:

Remember the recruiter who got so excited she told the guy to "go back to Africa and do your gay voodoo limbo wango and tango dance"?

Whoo-Hoo! That one will stay with me forever!
  28. By bdn2004. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @04:53am:
    Bisbo:

Conservatives said bio-fuels wouldn’t work before the first plant was built. Why? If they did work a private company would already be doing it – driven by that evil word PROFIT. Why would a company spend billions on exploration, build huge oil drilling platforms, if growing corn nets the same result?

But now look at the mess we have. In many places bio-fuels are mandated by law to be 10% of the makeup of what you put in your tank. Car companies spent billions all over the world re-tooling their plants and re-engineering their engines to burn the hotter burning fuel – just to comply with the law.

Again it’s the arrogance of liberals that put us into the spot we’re now in – the private companies are just too greedy, just too stupid….no they saw no evil PROFIT motive.

Now we have another liberal failed industry that the free market doesn’t support, in other words - it's not self sustaining. So who will keep it financed? Well of course you and me the taxpayer.
  29. By wok. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @04:55am:
    Mary, I'm reminded of your words:

"It takes no talent to find a vulgar quote from an idiot to post, but it does take a little bit of class to forego the whole idea. When you quote someone, the words come out of your own mouth; time to wash your mouth out with soap."
  30. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @05:19am:

Yup. Your moron President gave a huge government handout to the giant farming corporations (ADM in particular)...that's the way conservatives work. Redistribution of wealth, indeed. Upward!

Uh...no, that's the conservatives...sorry.
  31. By Ironcrow. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @05:35am:
    Bisbonian and bdn2004,
    When the Democrats under Clinton proposed the idea of mandating ethanol, the Republicans stated that it was a horrible idea and panned it. When the Republicans came to power it was suddenly the greatest idea in the world of energy and the Democrats stated it was horrible.
    Don't trust either of them and don't confuse "Republican/Democrat" with "Conservative/Liberal".
    As for this girl she may have a point but all of her "facts" are the standard talk radio half truths and inuendo. Either she will learn to see through them or will learn real facts to support them.
    BTW I like the belief vs. thinkers thread.
  32. By Sheldon. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @05:46am:
    Oh. I assumed this was bdn2004? no? ok.
    I must admit, this was almost as hard to watch as "2 girls and a cup".
  33. By Reginald Selkirk. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @06:20am:
    I watched the entire first video. The first substance came at about the 01:00 mark. Quite a mishmash of views. Not all of it is wrong, but she only sees the parts that agree with her pre-conceived notions.

So, if we hadn't invaded Iraq, there would totally be a war in America now?
  34. By Greg. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @07:02am:
    People. She is completely right. Bush doesn't control the weather. sheeesh.

I especially loved her ability to act like a conservative asking her questions.

My biggest fear is these kids wont get out of their "like like" phase. I already know way too many adults that use "like" too much. My friends and I shamed one girl out of the habit but its too long of a process to , like, fix them all.
  35. By Randy. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @07:18am:
    Sheldon, please don't go the 2g1c route. I think the folks here heads would assplode.

lasted 28 seconds. I am the proud parent of 2 teen girls. If they brought this mess home I would send her away.
  36. By namowal. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @08:19am:
    "I could talk about this for hours," Oh, I bet she does.
  37. By strah. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @08:50am:
    I made it 10 seconds.
    I hope that poor girl knows how off-putting her way of speaking is. Perhaps if she doesn't, she should. Or maybe it's her schtick to be highly irritating, in which case she's spot on. Either way, if she puts herself out there spouting on about her beliefs she is fairly subject to assesment and criticism.
  38. By Jennifer Emick. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @12:45pm:
    Like, oh my god, that was like, soooo irritating.
  39. By deaudonnee. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @02:23pm:
    I have a match for that little girl - a nephew in Minnesota who has been home-schooled and brainwashed from the get-go. I am sure that his mom made a real to-do over the fact that some of his relatives were divorced (oh, the horror!) and that some of them don't believe the say way he was taught to believe. He has probably been to the Creation Museum and seen "the finger" - we saw it in San Diego and about fell over laughing and we were the only ones in the building except for the curator, and I use that term loosely.

Poor children.
  40. By bdn2004. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @02:47pm:
    Of course Bisbo by your definition you are thinker and I am believer. Now that would be annoying if I accepted what you say about me. Which I don't, so who cares.

You "think" that God doesn’t exist. That is a totally irrational statement not based on fact.

A statement like that implies that you know everything. And that you don’t – and can’t – now that is a fact. According to your own definition you are "believing" not thinking.
    Ironically if you did know everything, you would be God himself because you would omniscient – disproving your own thesis.

Ironcrow…
    When you make statements that people are making half truths and innuendos please provide specific examples. Because you yourself are doing what you accuse others of with that statement like that.
  41. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @04:34pm:
    No worries, Ironcrow...I know not all dems are liberals, not all repubs are conservative, and vice versa. I even know some believers think. Just not here. :)
  42. By Ironcrow. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @05:43pm:
    Sorry bdn2004 I thought the half truths and innuendo were self evident.
    Examples:
    I have never heard anyone blame Bush for the weather that caused the hurricane Katrina. They fault him for his response, follow through and later assessment ("Great job Brownie.)

How can liberals think like that?
    Like what? Liberals are not a lockstep thinking machine. I dont agree with other liberals on many topics yet I am still liberal.

Liberals are for abortion.
    They are for the right that women have control over their bodies.

There is one way to kill terrorists and the president is doing it right.
    That is completely up to interpretation. The capture of Osama Bin Laden would have been a good step but they cant even take down one terrorist group, let alone the many around the world. Invading and occupying is not a way to kill terrorists, it simply breeds new ones (thats one other interpretation).

Mind you this is just 3:12 in and I am sure I have missed several.
  43. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 08-Apr-2008 @06:16pm:
    "I’m not going to argue who is to blame for the bio-fuels mess. Bush is no fiscal conservative for sure. The policy is a failure. I’m glad you agree."

I don't agree. The program was a success. It accomplished everything it set out to do...namely guaranteed billions of taxpayer dollars to already rich corporations.

Some three years ago, myself and others were arguing against ethanol as a replacement fuel, on a political forum. Just on the energy cost to produce ethanol alone, it was a bad deal. The loss of food producing cropland was another huge factor against it. We didn't forsee the rape of rain forest land to produce biofuels in Brazil, and I was really shortsighted in not forseeing a huge handout to ADM.

But, Bush (and handlers) took advantage of the sincere desire by many less informed people to find a greener solution to our fuel situation, and got a huge corporate subsidy passed. Mission Accomplished.