Monday, 01 September, 2008
Phillip, at Steel White Table, is doing another one of those collaborative stories. He's looking for people to add more sentences.
The story is shaping up nicely. It starts like this:
The house was built on a cracked foundation. A young man named Peter Wilson lived in the basement with that cracked foundation. Any kind of precipitation, hail, rain or snow, required he lift his shoes and books off the floor where they would otherwise get wet overnight. The water seeping through the foundation at times became audible, the sound of a trickling brook. Inevitably Peter would make several trips to the bathroom. A rug by the side of his bed had to be rolled up and stuffed onto a shelf in his closet. He would have damp feet all night.
Peter lay in bed, tossing and turning because the pervasive dampness made it hard to get warm enough to fall asleep. He imagined the water rising, floating him and his bed out the door as he slept, down the street to the harbour.
My contribution comes a bit later:
He crumbled the three completed pages into a ball, tossed them somewhere near the overflowing trash can, and turned on the TV.
Personally, I think it's the high point of the story. Others might disagree.
If you'd like to contribute to this epic, read the instructions carefully. He's added a new rule.
- By wormpicker. Comment posted 01-Sep-2008 @06:15pm:
- By Mean Jean. Comment posted 01-Sep-2008 @06:46pm:
- By Toad. Comment posted 01-Sep-2008 @09:13pm:
- By Phillip. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @04:23am:
- By TimS. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @05:18am:
- By 12-stringer. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @04:59pm:
- By J-Walk. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @05:13pm:
- By 12-stringer. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @05:28pm:
- By Mean Jean. Comment posted 02-Sep-2008 @05:42pm: