Monday, 01 June, 2009
Castle For Sale
Wall of sound news: Spector sells murder castle to fund appeal.
THE pop music producer Phil Spector is selling his 30-room mansion in Los Angeles to fund an appeal against his 19-year prison sentence for murdering a Hollywood actress there.
Spector, 69, has asked his young wife Rachelle Short to arrange the sale and to store valuable artefacts from his rock'n'roll life, including musical instruments given to him by John Lennon and Ike Turner, for a possible auction.
Selling the faux-French mansion at 1700 Grand View Drive, Alhambra, may cover only a small part of his multi-million-dollar legal bills. According to estate agents, its value has fallen from $1.3m to $800,000 in recent months.
"As a murder house, it might reach $1m for an appropriate buyer," said a Sotheby's International estate agent.
He managed to get a laptop in prison, and you can follow him on Twitter: philspector. A few recent tweets:
- Think I'm about to vomit. Must rest.
- Still trying to think up a name for my memoirs book. I've pre titled it 'From Uptown To Downtown'
- Sitting on the edge of my bed tickling my own feet.
- SOCIETY is insane. The world is ignorant.
- Only 18 years and 364 days to go.
- I should've smuggled in a kindle.
- By Bisbonian. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @05:12pm:
- By Shel-tone. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @05:33pm:
- By Bisbonian. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:05pm:
- By Phos..... Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:17pm:
- By Phos..... Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:25pm:
- By Phos..... Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:48pm:
- By Lou Smorals. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @07:52pm:
- By Curtis. Comment posted 01-Jun-2009 @09:04pm:
- By JSSEC. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @05:11am:
- By major_danny. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @08:21am:
- By decibelcat. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @09:19am:
- By J-Walk. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @09:24am:
- By J-Walk. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @09:26am:
- By Big Fella. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @02:46pm:
- By MAPLE LEAF. Comment posted 02-Jun-2009 @06:20pm: