Wednesday, 01 June, 2011

Teens Pig Out At Denny’s

In California: Teens Take Advantage of Denny's All-You-Can-Eat Pancakes for 24 Hours.

Denny's currently offers an all-you-can-eat pancake special for $5. Over the weekend, seven teenage boys went to a Foothill Ranch Denny's and ordered the promotion. And then they began to eat. And eat. And eat. And eat. For 24 hours straight. Nothing but pancakes.

The seven of them ate 301 pancakes, for an average of 43 pancakes each. Just picture 100 plates like this:

pancakes

Permalink | Posted in Food & Drink |

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By Denny. Comment posted 01-Jun-2011 @04:27pm:
    If that photo had some bacon with those flapjacks, this post would have a dozen comments by now.
  2. By mmmark. Comment posted 01-Jun-2011 @07:11pm:
    A friend and his Dad went to Red Lobster for the all-you-can-eat fried shrimp. He ate 137 and his dad 111. The waitress and manager were not pleased since they sat there for a very long time and they kept asking for more and more.
  3. By gdm IV. Comment posted 01-Jun-2011 @11:38pm:
    He ate 137 and his dad 111

Your friend is disgusting, mmmark. Last name Christie?
  4. By AZjohnB. Comment posted 02-Jun-2011 @06:31am:
    I am astonished; they actually found a waiter at Denny's 43 times in under 24 hours?
  5. By Mike. Comment posted 02-Jun-2011 @09:06am:
    You people need to read the comments for that article. I've been laughing at them for a good 10 minutes now. Oh internet...I come for the articles, I stay for the comments.
  6. By wally the duck. Comment posted 02-Jun-2011 @10:19am:
    A friend and his Dad went to Red Lobster for the all-you-can-eat fried shrimp.

I know a person who used to be a waitress at Red Lobster. People who work there absolutely hate the all-you-can-eat promotions. They draw in exactly the kind of persons you'd imagine - they eat like hogs and they do not tip.
  7. By LJW. Comment posted 02-Jun-2011 @10:20am:
    301 pancakes and a side of diabetes...
  8. By ticklefart. Comment posted 07-Jun-2011 @04:33pm:
    BUT WHEN I DO

I GET DEEABUTES
  9. By imagol4. Comment posted 17-Jun-2011 @05:59pm:
    We did something similar in high school back in the 70's. After the last wrestling tournament, our team went to the local pizza joint, there were 7 of us. They had Tuesday Night Munchy Hour. All the Salad and Pizza you could eat, and all the tea you could drink for $2.99. The 7 of us, in about two hours consumed 158 pieces of pizza. Our 141 pounder ("41" for short) said he was going to eat his weight in pizza (41 pieces), I said there was no way I could eat 68 (I wrestled at 168 lbs), but I'd be happy to eat HIS weight. The other 5 joined in, and we dug in. The first 20 pieces went down the hatch in about 10 minutes. The next 5 took about 15 minutes, then we slowed w a y d o w n. After another hour me and our 41 pounder were on our last piece, and we were literally stuffing it in our mouths by hand, one bite at a time. We were the only two to make it though. The closest to us was our heavyweight who managed 36 pieces. 158 pieces, and 3 of us account for 118.