Sunday, 10 July, 2011

My YouTube Discovery

Her name is Jolene McNulty, and I discovered her.

She has uploaded 23 videos, and they have a total of only 678 views. In other words, she's an unknown who could be the next TouTube phenomenon. When she becomes famous, I want to be on record as the person who discovered her.

Let's start with this one. She just got a banjo. She can't play it yet, but she likes it a lot.

Here she sings. I suspect that future music videos will have banjo accompaniment.

Here she acts (at least I think she's acting):

Please spread the word about Jolene McNulty. And remember: I discovered her.

Permalink | Posted in Banjo |

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @08:36am:
    And remember: I discovered her.

I predict that we will remind you.
  2. By Alice Shrugged. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @08:37am:
    Want in one hand and spit in the other and see which fills up faster.
  3. By Don Coyote. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @09:35am:
    "Look, it has stuff up here...Banjo!"

Priceless. Got laugh-tear tracks running down my face. Been a long time since I wished I was a thirteen year old boy.
  4. By Twintigress. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @10:43am:
    She just wants her banjo!
  5. By Curtis. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @10:44am:
    The song reminds me of the first episode of "Justified," in which the aggrieved wife feeds her abusive husband his favorite meal so he is distracted when she aims a shotgun at his heart and denies him any last words.
  6. By Beth. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @12:08pm:
    Funny stuff. The presence of guns as an integral part of this young girl's life (even if they are toys, for now) is a little disconcerting, but there is a voice in there and a flare for the dramatic.
  7. By stephanie. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @01:07pm:
    The gum removal/replacement made me laugh. She is definitely an interesting young lady. Congratulations on discovering her.
  8. By William Llewellyn. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @01:42pm:
    So...thats like..YouTube mark 2 ....the sequel ?
  9. By Sensible Shoes. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @01:48pm:
    Great voice on that gal, and a talented young actress with a future in show biz.

Is that a left-handed banjo?
  10. By J-Walk. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @02:12pm:
    It appears to be a left-handed banjo, but I think the video might be flipped. See this one.

That's a weird banjo, though. No hooks. If she sticks with it, she'll want a better banjo.
  11. By curtis. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @03:10pm:
    Everybody stuck with a banjo wants a better one.
  12. By Toad. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @03:19pm:
    Everybody stuck with a banjo wants a better one.

Yeah, they're called "guitars."
  13. By DonL. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @03:56pm:
    Disturbing lyrics, especially from one so young, but can that girl sing!
  14. By Curtis. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @04:43pm:
    You'll have a hard time missing me baby,
    With my pistol in your mouth,
    You may be a thinkin' bout headin' North honey,
    But your brains they are a stayin' South.

-Louisiana Red
  15. By T-bane. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @05:18pm:
    Disturbing lyrics, especially from one so young

It's a Southern thang. She could be the next Jodie Foster.
  16. By T-bane. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @06:06pm:
    The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
    - Jean Giraudoux
  17. By sekirt. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @06:10pm:
    She lists herself at 16 yrs old on YouTube. She looks a lot younger than 16 yrs old and sounds a lot younger when explaining her banjo.

You missed your chance to be an agent for Friday girl - Rebecca Black, I can understand you jumping way ahead of the crowd for Jolene McNulty! Will you receive royalties when she is famous?
  18. By T-bane. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @06:29pm:

Looking young is good for a Hollywood career. They need people to play all the high school students in horror films.
  19. By J-Walk. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @07:51pm:
    In less than 12 hours, her total views has doubled and now is 1,327. If this trend continues, she will have 181 billion views in two weeks.

And remember: I discovered her.
  20. By J-Walk. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @07:53pm:
    Also, note the little eyeball blurb on the BANJO! video page:

asseen.png

That's because: I discovered her.
  21. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @09:21pm:
    Howdjudothat?
  22. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @09:24pm:
    her total views has doubled and now is 1,327

That number will go up by three as soon as I can muster the courage to watch them.
  23. By Ense. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @10:16pm:
    She looks like she's twelve. If she's really 16 she will be a great way to avoid Dawson Casting.
  24. By Ense. Comment posted 10-Jul-2011 @10:18pm:
  25. By Doug. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @12:03am:
    Of course she's 16. You have to be 16 to register with YouTube.
  26. By dude. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @10:43am:
    That's the same banjo I have. From: http://www.backyardmusic.com/Banjos.html
    I thought I would move to a better one pretty soon, but it's actually really good, in spite of having plywood where the skin would go.
  27. By Pete228. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @02:33pm:
    How is this girl not Youtube famous? People seriously, tell your friends and family. Post links on Facebook or something... It would be a cryin' shame to see talent like this go to waste.

Pete
  28. By Sami. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @03:05pm:
    Ooomg shes good singer!! =)
  29. By Jonco. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @03:37pm:
    Anybody know who discovered this little gem?
  30. By J-Walk. Comment posted 11-Jul-2011 @04:20pm:
    Anybody know who discovered this little gem?

I'll ask around and see if I can find out for you.
  31. By Sophia. Comment posted 12-Jul-2011 @08:48am:
    A very gifted young girl... I'm interested to see what else she comes out with.
  32. By Jade. Comment posted 12-Jul-2011 @08:06pm:
    Anyone else think she looks younger than 16??