Thursday, 13 October, 2011

Lost In Corn Maze

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about: Family lost in corn maze calls 911 for help.

A Massachusetts family got the Halloween scare of a lifetime by getting lost inside a dark and creepy Salem-area corn maze and had to call 911 for rescue.

Danvers police say they got a call of distress from a mother of two about 6:32 p.m. Monday. The woman alerted the 911 operator of their situation in the Connors Farm in Danvers, a short distance from Salem.

A voice recording of the 911 call was made available to the media on Wednesday. The exchange:

Woman: "Hi, I just called. I'm still stuck at Connors Farms. I don't see anybody. I am really scared. It's really dark and we've got a 3-week-old baby with us."

11mazelarge

I tell you, people are dying in corn mazes. You just don't hear about it because of the cover-up.

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By bleak. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @08:02am:
    I've heard of some mazes that would have a red flag on a pole placed at regular intervals that people could raise if they got lost.
  2. By bleak. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @08:09am:
    I heard of a guy stuck in a corn maze for 6 weeks who survived
    on raw corn until the harvesters found him. ;)
  3. By Dinsdale Piranha. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @09:04am:
    The amazing thing is they are not suing the Farmer for emotional distress
  4. By Harold Dola. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @09:22am:
    I bet the 3-week old baby really enjoyed the corn maze. Probably as much as it would have enjoyed a movie.
  5. By vanessad. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @09:34am:
    yes, corn mazes can be confusing; that's why they are called mazes. But seriously, who gets truly lost in one? The walls are made of corn, not concrete. You can simply walk through the walls and leave the maze.

Also, who brings a 3-week old baby to a corn maze?! Probably the same people that bring a baby to an R-rated (or loud) movie. And who starts a corn maze that close to closing?

These people are morons and should be held accountable for the costs of 'rescuing' them. After all, the police dog found them within minutes, and he was outside of the maze (probably because he ran through the walls).

The first time I walked through a corn maze, I was told that if I got lost, to put my right hand on the wall, and don't let go.

Personally, I'm a'maized' these people had the sense to call 911 instead of the farm. Kinda 'corn'y, in my opinion! But I'll bet the rescue dog was a 'husk'y!
  6. By ironflange. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @07:27pm:
    Why not just push your way out? You can pretend you're a part of "Field of Dreams."