Thursday, 28 July, 2011

I’m Slightly More Hippie Now

Back in 2008, I took a scientifically valid Hippie Quiz.

I scored a 27 --  I was 27% Hippie.

Tonight I re-took the quiz. My result:

hippiescore

It's probably an insignificant change. But, if this trend continues and I add one percentage point every year, I'll be a full-blown hippie in 70 more years.

Permalink | Posted in Interactive |

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By wormpicker. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @08:36pm:
    It's probably those Farmers' Market gigs bumping up your score.
  2. By Brian. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @08:43pm:
    The banjo probably drags your score down.
  3. By Dave Kelly. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @08:46pm:
    23%
  4. By Don Coyote. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @08:57pm:
    I got 47% but that was largely due to being an acid casualty. I was too young to have been a hippie.
  5. By Brian. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @09:02pm:
    You are 34% hippie.

You're in the middle, leaning towards the non-hippie side of things, but you're not afraid to try out some hippie philosophies. Good going! An open mind is all a person really needs to lead a happy life.
  6. By nitwit. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @09:09pm:
    Proudly 0%
  7. By Thrash Cardiom. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @09:18pm:
    17%. I'm sure I could have scored less if they actually a few other options to select from in some of the questions.

Being a person who does have long hair and a beard, I get accused of being a hippie fairly often. How wrong they are.
  8. By wormpicker. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @09:21pm:
    You are 10% hippie.

Ok, you conservative soul. Do you even believe in global warming? Loosen that necktie a little, and try some organic food. It actually does taste better. And go to a farmer's market--they're fun.

I'll have you know I HATE neckties, understand the fact of global warming, and enjoy the occasional farmers' market. Organic is silly, though.
  9. By J-Walk. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @10:00pm:
    Are you suggesting that his test might not be valid???
  10. By Onecos. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @10:17pm:
    35%.... I'm shocked....
  11. By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @10:28pm:
    57% hippie - sounds about right to me, but I had a hard time finding an appropriate answer on several of the questions - which is one of the reasons I'm not fond of multiple-choice polls.

Still, it was interesting.
  12. By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @10:29pm:
    And I just realized what a delight it is to find the word spelled hippIE instead of hippY. Yes, yes, yes.
  13. By Barb from Down Under. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @10:33pm:
    23% - at my age?
    At least I'm not a rocker.
  14. By Joe. Comment posted 28-Jul-2011 @11:18pm:
    12% - but not conservative either
  15. By Geeza. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @02:24am:
    27%.

As all the best people are on their first try.
  16. By Evil Klown. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @03:05am:
    Ha ha, I got the same score as wormpicker. I can't believe I'm higher than zero percent ... it was probably the recycling thing. I even picked "hippy punching" as my favorite pastime.

Btw, I wear a tie now and then and I don't hate them. I don't believe global warming is caused by man. I go to farmer's markets all the time.
  17. By Miss Cellania. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @03:59am:
    61%. I'm not surprised. I feel 61%.
  18. By deciBelcat. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @05:14am:
    67% and proud of it.

I was hoping I would get a higher score (no pun intended) but I live in a normal house and drive a car.
  19. By bdgbill. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @05:55am:
    You are 6% hippie.
    Are you a hippie?
    Take More Quizzes

I think 6% is about right.
  20. By wormpicker. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @06:12am:
    Are you suggesting that his test might not be valid???

Question authority. That's all I'm saying. Peace out, brother.
  21. By meg_mac. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @08:15am:
    56%... I am fading!!!
  22. By meg_mac. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @08:28am:
    Organic is silly, though.

Call it homegrown then. You actually get to see what the plant is absorbing. What a novel idea! Thus spake the hippie in me. ;).
  23. By Patricio. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @10:02am:
    22%, not bad.
  24. By wok. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @10:19am:
    0% - but I never wear ties and LOVE Farmer's Markets.
  25. By wally the duck. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @11:39am:
    I believe that you've become more hippie due to the Evil Klown effect. That glaring display of self-absorption and disregard for other human beings prompts a counter-reaction in normal persons. It moves them to seek out peace, love, rear-engined vans and home grown smoking supplies.
  26. By Curtis. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @12:35pm:
    I've become more hippie than last time even though my hair is much shorter now.

You are 56% hippie.

I feel more hippie. Certain days I smell more hippie. I started recreational mind alteration again this year after a couple decade hiatus - that tipped things - I also said I was polyamorous even though I'm not practicing, but I think, in the main, it's pleasurable to the human. I'd like three or four spouses, but I'm too old now.
  27. By banjo brad. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @12:46pm:
    37%

But I would consider myself more Beat than Hippie.
  28. By wally the duck. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @12:52pm:
    I'd like three or four spouses, but I'm too old now.

A man has got to know his limitations.
  29. By Curtis. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @01:20pm:
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Before they "know" him.
  30. By 8-stringer. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @01:21pm:
    More hippie, perhaps, but alas, not more hip.
  31. By gdm IV. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @01:45pm:

Psychedelics or just the occasional spliff?
  32. By Don Coyote. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @01:54pm:
    "I started recreational mind alteration again this year after a couple decade hiatus - that tipped things..."

That explains your kinder, gentler self. Good thing, as entertaining as you were going through 'roid rage.
  33. By Curtis. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @02:19pm:
    The occasional.
  34. By Curtis. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @02:21pm:
    And Don, I'm still quite miffed.
  35. By Minderbinder. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @02:40pm:
    50%

I've suppressed a lot of "druthers" over the years just to get along, keep my job, put my kids through school, etc.

I'm thinking that when I retire next year I'm going to release my inner Minderbinder. I'd like to try mescaline again, the most enjoyable, subtle, dreamiest experience I've ever had. That was 41 years ago!
  36. By Curtis. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @02:54pm:
    Minderbinder and gdm IV, are you guys on G+?

And duck, not going to go there?
  37. By Minderbinder. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @05:10pm:
    Not even Facebook Curtis.
  38. By meg_mac. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @05:36pm:
  39. By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @05:52pm:
    Minderbinder, wally the duck, gdm IV - you ARE going to Google+, right?

Some things are just too important to fool with ...
  40. By DonL. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @06:59pm:
    I somehow got to 33%. Didn't think I'd get that big a score.
  41. By Guy. Comment posted 29-Jul-2011 @09:20pm:
    16%...but then I was given this 60% incorrect evaluation:

42. By Sally. Comment posted 30-Jul-2011 @05:01pm:
    39%
  43. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 30-Jul-2011 @09:06pm:
    56% "You're near the middle of the spectrum, but you've got an open mind. Society needs more people like you." But there's only one.
  44. By Brian. Comment posted 30-Jul-2011 @09:16pm:
    Most of the score made me proud.