Tuesday, 01 March, 2011

Heinz Makes Major Announcement

This changes everything: Heinz Dip & Squeeze Ketchup is Available Nationally!

dip squeeze Today, the way Americans eat on-the-go will change forever as Heinz announces the national availability of Heinz Dip & Squeeze Ketchup, the new packaging innovation that allows for both dipping and squeezing and holds three times as much Heinz Ketchup as the traditional packet.

How long have people been wanting something like this?

After 42 years of messing with ketchup packets, people can now eat America’s Favorite Ketchup with ease.

What kind of response have they gotten?

“The response from consumers who have had the chance to experience the new Dip & Squeeze Ketchup package has been overwhelmingly positive,” said John Bennett, Vice President of Marketing at Heinz. “People have been telling us that they love the convenience and functionality of the new package, and we are thrilled that it is now available to people nationwide.”

Has there been any research to identify dippers vs. squeezers?

More than 1,000 people were surveyed about their ketchup eating habits. The findings? Sixty-three percent of people said they were “dippers,” while 37 percent considered themselves “squeezers.” If you’re a double dipper, you’re not alone! A majority of ketchup lovers weren’t embarrassed to admit to ‘double dipping’ when sharing Heinz Ketchup.

Permalink | Posted in Food & Drink |

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By Curtis. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:12am:
    My kid will like this. Finally Heinz catches up (get it?) with Smuckers.
  2. By wally the duck. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:17am:
    Heh heh heh.
    ouch.
  3. By meg_mac. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:23am:
    Yay!! Free Fry Day. Just what we need.
  4. By wormpicker. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:24am:
    The Heinz folks deserve our congratulations and thanks for answering all your questions so well!
  5. By BobK. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:49am:
    Are you a squeezer or a dipper? That sounds so gay.
  6. By namowal. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @08:58am:
    But will it still shoot a stream of ketchup when a kid stomps on it in the lunchroom?
  7. By Bisbonian. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @09:27am:
    Not as well, but it makes more junk for the landfill, so it's got that going for it.
  8. By sekirt. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @09:32am:
    I notice it says "Dip & Squeeze"

You can do BOTH? I thought it had to be one or the other with a single package?
  9. By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @09:46am:
    My understanding is that you can squeeze for a little while, and then open 'er up and do some dipping. But if you start by dipping, you rule out the possibility of squeezing later on.

I'm sure it comes with an instruction sheet.
  10. By ElMoney. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @10:45am:
    I do not find this to be an improvement. We are going backwards in the world of ketchup. I like being able to squeeze every drop out of the little packet. Too much goodness hangs on the sides of the new packaging. This is a condiment catastrophe!
  11. By LJW. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @11:12am:
    I guess I'm just more creative (read: smarter) than the average ketchup packet user. I've always just torn off a top corner of a packet and dipped my fries into the little ketchup pouch. It's not rocket science here. Just condiments.

But increasing the amount of ketchup inside the package is helpful so you don't have to grab 29 packets.
  12. By dude. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @11:33am:
    It's about time! Ketchup packets in Europe are at least 5 times the size of American ones! Enough so you only need one. Now... mustard.
  13. By banjo brad. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @12:14pm:
    What do you need Ketchup packets for, anyway? I prefer to dip my fries in Mustard.
  14. By ElMoney. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @12:15pm:

I open the packet, stick the fry in my mouth, and then squirt/suck the ketchup out of the bag.
  15. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @01:42pm:
    That's the good news.
    The bad news is they're still using Heinz Ketchup to fill the packets.
  16. By Mazy. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @01:51pm:
    Will the Canadians fight back with poutine packets?
  17. By christopher. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @03:50pm:
    the 'Dip & Squeeze' sounds like a dance from the '20's.
  18. By ElMoney. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @04:36pm:
    The bad news is they're still using Heinz Ketchup to fill the packets.

How can you possibly dis Heinz? Seriously, I love it! Is there some better that you could turn me on to?
  19. By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @04:39pm:
    How can you possibly dis Heinz? Seriously, I love it!

Seriously, you can tell the difference between different brands of Ketchup?
  20. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @05:26pm:
    Is there some better that you could turn me on to?
    Some better? How about anything but Heinz? Heinz is way too salty for my taste. Have you ever watched the wait staff refill the (pretty well monopolized by Heinz) bottles at a restaurant? Yup, I'll go with anybody else.

(listed in no particular order other than the random order I just so happened to remember them in):
    Hunt's
    Del Monte
    Muir Glen
    Organicville
    Any store's house brand

But don't take my word for it.

My personal preference: Hunt's No Salt Added

Seriously, you can tell the difference between different brands of Ketchup?
    Nah. There's really only one brand of ketchup (or catsup, if you prefer) - they just slap different labels on 'em, to make you think you have a choice. You know - the same as they do with Scotch. Single malt? Blended? It's all just Marketing.
  21. By J-Walk. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @05:38pm:
    I had no idea 12-stringer was a Ketchup Konnoisseur. Next time you drop by, we'll sample some fine gourmet ketchups.
  22. By 12-stringer. Comment posted 01-Mar-2011 @06:02pm:
    Drambuie & Scotch? Right. Ketchup - that's the beginning of a real Rusty Nail!
  23. By ElMoney. Comment posted 02-Mar-2011 @08:36am:
    Seriously, you can tell the difference between different brands of Ketchup?

I can tell the difference; however, I am a supertaster.
  24. By ElMoney. Comment posted 02-Mar-2011 @08:37am:
    Thanks for the recommendations, 12-stringer.
  25. By GreenBoy. Comment posted 02-Mar-2011 @09:32am:
    But how big is that packet of sauce?

If its as big as a normla family size bottle, then i say squeeze - if you pull back the top before you know it there will be all sors flaoting in there - it will be just like butter after some one has toast - yuk!