Tuesday, 08 February, 2011

Bristol Book Coming This Summer

Famous author news: Bristol Palin to Release a Memoir.

Bristol Palin will release a memoir this summer.

Amazon.com posted a preorder listing for the 304-page tome by the 20-year-old mom and Dancing With the Stars contestant. After PoliticalWire spotted it, the site removed the listing.

The book, currently named Untitled Bristol Palin Memoir, will hit stores June 21 and cost $17.15.

Hopefully, that will be the first in a continuing series of memoirs. I'd like to see a new one every two or three years.

She's shown here, wearing a patterned dress and posing in front of some words.

60367848

Permalink | Posted in Books |

- Reader Comments -

Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.

1. By meg_mac. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @07:45am:
    I can't decide whether I will read this first or the Lindsay Lohan memoir 'Dog Days and Drugs'.
  2. By Schmittenhammer. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:09am:
    I wonder what is the youngest person to have a 'memoir'.
    Can't wait for the book "memoirs of a fetus".
  3. By meg_mac. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:17am:
    Good Point Schmitt.... What life experience does Justin Bieber have? Or Bristol. Memoirs should be written at the dusk of life not the dawn. Life experiences are what make the stories interesting, imho. No interest for me.
  4. By concertinist. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:19am:
    Anne Frank beats both Bieber and Butthead here, sort of. She was only 15 when she died, but the diary was not published for another 2 years.
  5. By lobstah. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:26am:
    I found an excerpt:

See Bristol.
    See Bristol dance.
    Dance Bristol, dance

See Mommy.
    Mommy says "Vote for Bristol"
    Vote Tea party, vote.
  6. By meg_mac. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:35am:
    Anne Frank wrote in her diary. I was interested in her thoughts as a young girl and teen during that horrible time. The beauty of her optimism against the stark reality. I read it. It had merit for sure. imho.
  7. By Schmittenhammer. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:36am:
    meg mac,
    We all know that money has nothing to do with it. Of course I can point a finger because if I would have been offered money for my memoirs at a young age I would have turned it down, because I am ABOVE THAT. ;)
    Of course now that I am 60 I would take an offer, ANY offer.
  8. By Schmittenhammer. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:40am:
    Wow, didn't think about that one (Anne Frank). Some people can experience things at a young age that none of us will experience in a lifetime. It is so easy to forget or not be thankful for just how good we have it.
  9. By BobK. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @08:52am:
    Wow. Publication of this tome along with Snooki's novel and Bieber's autobiography means the trifecta of tripe has occurred.
  10. By meg_mac. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @10:19am:
    After she writes her book she plans on running for office. Cuz you know she has an awesome role model.
  11. By Olive. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @10:24am:
    What is there left that we don't already know?
  12. By wally the duck. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @11:42am:
    Come on... she hasn't got 304 pages worth of memoirs to remember.
  13. By mmmark. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @11:52am:
    Come on... she hasn't got 304 pages worth of memoirs to remember.

It makes for a long book when you insert the word "like" two or three times into every sentence.

"So I was like, Mom! there is like, no way I am gonna have this baby! But she was all "Oh yes you are!" and so I was like, totally bummed. But then I realized like "Hey! My baby will get to grow up in the White House and have like servants and stuff. So I had it."
  14. By kashmarek. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @12:01pm:
    Idiot.
  15. By Brian. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @12:31pm:
    mmmark, You forgot the "You Knows" you know?
  16. By mmmark. Comment posted 08-Feb-2011 @03:13pm: