Tuesday, 05 July, 2011
Another Republican Exploratory Committee Formed
This time, the exploring is being done by White Supremacist David Duke.
Add to the growing list of candidates considering a bid for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012 America’s most famous white-power advocate: David Duke.
A former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, member of the Louisiana House of Representatives and Republican executive-committee chairman in his district until 2000, Duke has a significant following online. His videos go viral. This month, he’s launching a tour of 25 states to explore how much support he can garner for a potential presidential bid.
Former (and current) Neo Nazis, Ku Klux Klan members, neo-Confederates, and other representatives of the many wings of the “white nationalist” movement are starting to file paperwork and print campaign literature for offices large and small, pointing to rising unemployment, four years with an African-American president, and rampant illegal immigration as part of a growing mound of evidence that white people need to take a stand.
Duke his shown here in an old photo -- before he realized that clothing like that makes him pretty much unelectable outside of the deep South.
- Reader Comments -
Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.
- By T-bane. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @11:23am:
- By Patricio. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @11:33am:
- By wormpicker. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @12:18pm:
- By wally the duck. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @12:25pm:
- By Spokane Mary. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @01:41pm:
- By Yanz. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @02:28pm:
- By ike. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @05:31pm:
- By Ense. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @07:11pm:
- By Innumeracy. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @07:53pm:
- By Ense. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @08:27pm:
- By nitwit. Comment posted 05-Jul-2011 @10:50pm:
- By T-bane. Comment posted 06-Jul-2011 @06:19am:
- By T-bane. Comment posted 06-Jul-2011 @06:21am:
- By dw. Comment posted 06-Jul-2011 @10:53am: