Thursday, 13 October, 2011
A Plan For Bisbee
This is from last year, but it's still irrelevant: Underground Skyscraper is a Self-Sufficient Desert City.
As we deplete our natural resources, we are left with huge gaping holes in the ground - scars from our open-pit mining exploits. Matthew Fromboluti of Washington University in St. Louis has a plan to heal those scars with an underground skyscraper that fills the hole and creates a self-sustaining community in its place.
His proposal, Above Below, is proposed to infill the 900-foot deep and nearly 300-acre wide crater left by the former Lavender Pit Mine outside of Bisbee, Arizona.
Once that negative skyscraper is built, Bisbonian could rent some space for his banjo factory.
- Reader Comments -
Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.
- By PunnyMe. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @05:20pm:
- By chazunga. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @06:00pm:
- By wormpicker. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @06:13pm:
- By duke-a-paduka. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @07:17pm:
- By Bisbonian. Comment posted 13-Oct-2011 @09:51pm:
- By Jake Djibouti. Comment posted 14-Oct-2011 @06:52am:
- By wok. Comment posted 12-Jul-2012 @03:40pm: